Thursday, November 12, 2009


I decided to start a blog about our Homeschooling Journey!

I have four kids ages 9, 8, 6 and 3.

Homeschooling four kids is no small task but it's fun to learn and grow together!

Last year I took a break from homeschooling. I was planning on homeschooling again after we built our house. We just moved (into a rental while we build) and I went to check in my kids at the local public school. They informed me that they didn't have special ed classes for my special needs child. They take special needs kids out of the class a few times a week to work on things, but are main streamed most of the time. Right then and there I knew I would be homeschooling again a lot sooner than I thought. It was stressful because we had just moved so there were boxes EVERYWHERE, but I dug through my boxes and pulled out some homeschool stuff and started the next day. We hit the ground running!

Our latest project was to make paper plate turkeys. The kids had a blast making these! We just cut a paper plate in half and the kids colored them with markers. I found a turkey feather template and copied it off on colored card stock. The kids cut the feathers out and glued them to the back of the plate. They then added googly eyes, an orange beak, and brown pipe cleaner feet.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Love the music. Looking forward to your posts. Love, Mom

Sally said...

Your blog is so cute! It's fun to see Emilee, we miss her SO much!!! Sammie is not the same without her.

You will be such a great teacher to your kids!